4 Good ~
• 2 Tbs. water
• 1 lb. Collards – washed & chopped fine - food processor
• 1 tsp. ground nutmeg – freshly grated is best
• 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
• ¾ tsp. Celtic salt or to taste
• ¼ cup sesame seeds
• ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
• ¼ cup grated sharp cheese (or dairy substitute)
• 2 Tbs. Arrowroot powder dissolved in ¼ cup water (a
1. Place the water and collards in a medium
pot and cook for 20 minutes on low.
2. Add the nutmeg, salt, pepper, sesame seeds and almond milk and
cook 5 minutes longer.
3. Add the cheese and stir till melted.
4. Add the dissolved arrowroot and stir well till thick.
5. Turn off the heat and let sit 5 minutes and serve.
*This makes a great topping for steamed spaghetti squash or gluten-free
noodles. You can also top with sautéed onions and mushrooms
for real treat!
~ Laver Snack ~
• ½ cup laver* –
cut into smaller pieces with a scissor
• 1 tsp. coconut oil
• Sea salt and or a few squirts of gourmet sea salt spray
• Optional: ½ cup sunflower or pumpkin seeds
1. Rub 1 tbsp. of coconut oil into an 8 inch glass pie pan.
2. Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
3. When cool, store in a glass jar.
*Laver is the same type seaweed used in Sushi. In its unrefined form
Laver can be purchased at www.seaveg.com
Stara’s Potato Salad ~
• 8 Russet Potatoes* (other types ok but not as firm)
• 2/3 cup Grapeseed Oil type “Veganaise” (health
food store brand)
• ¼ cup whole milk organic yoghurt (or more Veganaise)
• 3 stalks of celery with leaves chopped fine
• 1 small onion chopped fine
• 1 cup fresh parsley – measure then remove large stems
and chop fine
• 2 large gloves of garlic squashed or chopped fine
• ½ tsp dill – OR- ¼ cup fresh dill or fennel
• 1 tsp sea salt
• ¼ tsp black pepper
• Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Scrub potatoes well and dry.
2. Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and steam till done but not mushy.
3. To make the sauce, place the Veganaise and yoghurt into a large
bowl and whip till creamy.
4. Add the vegetables and spices to the sauce and set aside.
5. When the potatoes are done, let cool half way.
6. Fold the potatoes into the sauce and vegetable mix.
7. Chill for 2 hours prior to serving.
*Organic Vegetables Recommended
Return to main recipes